Sunday, October 19, 2008

White Hart Lane





















The second stadium I had the honour of attending was White Hart Lane- home to Tottenham Hotspurs. This was really exciting as I got to see a live English Premier Football match. The teams playing were Hull City and Tottenham. Tottenham have had a horrid start to the season and when Hull City scored in the opening minute, the home fans were nearly in tears.

Watching a game like this was quite an eye opener. The first thing I observed, is that the away team supporters, have a separate entrance to the stands and the area allocated to them is tiny compared to the home team. Very unlike SA sport,where the home and away supporters are mixed. Also this i unique to soccer/ football. Rugby, all supporters sit amongst one another.




1 comment:

Miller said...

Thanks for sharing your pics of the Lane. I wish I was the one sitting there. It is a pity the home team, my team lost on the day.