Sunday, January 18, 2009

A Working Weekend

I am currently on a work strategy meeting. As I mentioned in my last post, the venue was a surprise! Anyway all can be revealed we are on a dam in Northern Natal known as Geseni (spelling?) Dam. And no we are not at a venue at a dam, we are ON the dam in a house boat. Each of us has a cabin and upstairs is a bar and a lounge and dining area that services as our conference venue.

It is 11pm and I am sitting on my bed with my sliding doors open listen to fish jumping out of the water, frogs, insects and a few birds. Nothing more relaxing. I am leaving the doors open and curtains as well. This is so African and so beautiful!

As we work, we can watch the world as the boat cruises. We break to look at different things. Today's high light was looking at Rhino on the shore and cruising near Hippo's. I can actually handle working on a Sunday if it was always like this.

Anyway I am off to bed to listen to nature and have sleep like a baby! I will post pictures on my blog when I get home. I cannot download them without the cable.

2 comments:

Hayley said...

Jealous, very jealous. Cannot wait to see pics.

The Running Golfer said...

I`m with Hayley, green with envy! Enjoy Keith!