Friday, January 30, 2009

My Buddy Jody

As I have mentioned in previous posts, I have a Fox Terrier named Jody! For those of you have not spent this week in Johannesburg, we have had continual on/ off periods of rain through out the day and night.

Anyway Tuesday morning turned into a bit of a nightmare, I could not get my B into G (could not get going) and ended up running late. Now Jody sleeps inside at night and in the morning just before I go I open the sliding door and put some fresh food and water down for her. I then let her out. This process of letting her out can take a good few minutes. We have to scratch, talk and help her stretch.

I was already late, so I did not bother rushing the process unfurther. Anyway eventually I insisted that she go out- I wish I had a camera to show you the look I got. She must have sensed the weather. Anyway that was a sight on it's own. The best was still to come!!!

She walked onto the patio where her kennel and food are, smelt and checked that there was food. That all in order, I thought she would make a run for the grass to do her toilet business. Not this morning, she placed 1 paw on the wet grass after a long stare at the grass. She then looked at this wet paw and looked back at me as if to say I must come and dry it. I had already closed the door and security gate and just stood watching this.

The next move was a reverse step and into her kennel! I then proceeded to gather my keys, fruit and yogurt and work bag and after putting the alarm on, I proceeded out the side door. Now I am always meet at the door by Jody and we have a good bye chat for the day. Not this morning- she did not come and see me off. I decided to put my belonging's in the car and went back into the yard to see what was going on- there was madam Jody lying in her kennel. She was not venturing into the rain!!

I thought this was so strange, yet it put a smile on my face. On arriving home I was greeted like usual, she must have realised that she would have to get wet sometime.

2 comments:

Hayley said...

so funny. our boy Elvis refuses to walk on wet grass, at all!

Miller said...

Sounds like you were in the 'dogbox', so to speak for making her go out into the rain!