Sunday, January 11, 2009

Busy Start to the New Year

So we are into the second week of the new year already- WOW! It has been a rather busy 2 weeks. My brother went back to the UK last week Friday, so it was the hated good-byes and then trying to get back into the normality's of life.

I have been rather busy at work- all the normal happenings and catching up with projects and jobs that involve companies that were closed for periods during Christmas. To top it all I have been sick, started with Gastro 2 days before new year and then a dose of flu this week- I am now on my second antibiotic! However I am thinking positively and I will get over it soon- I hope.

This week is also just as hectic and to make matters more interesting I am out the office a LOT. I am in Bloemfontein on Wednesday and Thursday and then we are are on conference from Saturday to Tuesday. Conference is rather interesting, all we know is we away from Saturday till Tuesday. The venue is a surprise till Friday, all we know is we are heading to the Zululand area (Northern Natal). I am guessing we are going to a Game Reserve was we have been told to bring camera's and binoculars. Also it is near to were we went last January and the whole area is game parks- my favourite. Although I like surprises, except I need to know where I am staying. If my MD and his wife (my boss), have there way there will be big surprises and they tend to be special- elephant experiences and the similar. So I am sure I will have stories to share.

SO I would like to end this post by saying a BELATED Happy New Year. May it be a year filled with happiness and success. To my friends who are starting new chapters of there life in new jobs are in moving to new areas- Good Luck and I am sure you will be happy. I am so gratefully to have such special friends I have made through blogging.

3 comments:

Hayley said...

Glad to you back online!
Hope you have a great new year.

Dying to hear about the suprise conference.

Miller said...

Good to see you are back in the land of blog.

I hope you are feeling better. You sound like you are going to have the best January of us all. What a way to start a new year off at work. Enjoy the conference and all the surprises that come with it.

Keith said...

I know I am quizing the boss and he is not slipping! We nearly had him this afternoon. I will keep you posted.