Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Punishment of my eye's and ear's

I had a bit of an early start to my day- I was on the road at 6h20, when I normally leave home at around 7h35. The reason been is I am on a course in Glenhove that started at 8h30, however with the JHB traffic, I left early to get there on time. I arrived at 8h10 and the scary part is I only needed to drive 27 kilometre's. Anyway, I am digressing from my post's topic and I am sure I can do a number of posts on the traffic in JHB. I am getting an idea!! (Watch this space).

Back to reality, this course was not intense, but was an eye opener and worth a careful listen- I actually cannot wait for tomorrow. This is one I am really enjoying and the topic is so important in this country- BEE. My understanding and positiveness toward the topic is growing as the course progresses. Anyway, my point is that I had a early start and a different to my usual routine and then fought traffic home. So on arriving home, I got changed into a pair of shorts and got comfortable on the couch with a cold drink. After reading a bit of the Boksburg News, I decided to take up a more vertical position on the couch and watch some TV. I knew I would probably doze, so I set an alarm to wake me at 19h00. Anyway I saw the end of Egoli, and no I do not make a point of watching it, it was the only thing that was worth watching at the time.

My eye lids eventually closed and I had a 20 minute snooze, but the SHOCK was still to come. No the alarm did not wake me, I woke up naturally. Or my brain heard the screeching on the TV. I must have auto tuned the DSTV to channel 198- Idols extra. This was a BIG mistake. The quality of singing was hurting my ears.

Now I am the first to admire anybody for trying as it must be daunting, and I certainly would not have the courage to sing in front of the judges myself. But my point been is, we are in the 5th season of Idols, surely by now people know what standards the judges are looking for and if they cannot sing, they should not enter as they will not get anywhere!

Yes, the judges are hard, but the prize is life changing and there reputations are at stake. A number of the entrants are talented, but the majority just cannot sing! I was now awake and for some reason carried on watching for a few minutes- you may ask why, well the judges had me in stitches, I do not know how they did not get up and leave. I guess we seeing an edited version.

I have enjoyed most seasons of idols, I do not make a effort to watch every episode, however when the top 24 or so start I can tolerate it more. So I hope this year has some excitement near the end and all I can say is, may the winner go all the way and make a name for themselves without hurting my ear's!

2 comments:

The Running Golfer said...

I laughed till I cried at the "De La Rey" dude and also the guy with the cel phone. So funny!

Thank goodness for the fools who reckon they can sing!!!

Miller said...

You have to laugh at some of those clowns!

Nothing like the self belief theory!!!!!! Surely can can hear themselves that they are tone deaf.