Saturday, December 13, 2008

A Burning experiance


Last night I went to bed at around 11pm and as I always do I propped up the pillows so I could enrich my mind by reading. All seemed fine, however I must have dozed of with the bedside light on and pillows next to it. The pillows must have slipped and fallen against the light (This with me still on top of the pillows. I must have been in quite a deep state of sleep not to notice this.
Anyway I work up suddenly to a room fill of smoke and a pillow about to start catching fire- it was in fact smouldering quite badly already. I jumped 6 foot out of bed and came to my senses rather quickly, by now I was chocking on the smoke. I grabbed the pillow and dumped it in the bath and opened the taps to wet it.

Anyway I was now wide a wake and windows were wide open to let fresh air in. My house is saved except for the smell and I am now also one pillow down. I this was my sleep for the night finished but I have so much to be grateful for. I could have had my face burned and even lost my house- all because something so simple. I have always respected fire and last night reaffirmed those thoughts.

1 comment:

Hayley said...

Oh my word Keith, thank goodnes you woke up!
Glad youare okay!