Tuesday, March 24, 2009

The Right Place At the Right Time

Yesterday (Monday) I had to go to our shop at The Brightwater Commons Shopping Centre (The Old Randburg Waterfront) for a store visit and sort a new staff member out with the necessary documentation and orientation. Anyway coming from the East Rand I was caught in traffic and only arriving at about 9h20. This was fine and thanks to cell phones I could explain my delay.

Anyway, I did what was required of me and I was in my car about to leave the centre when I spotted the Highveld Stereo's Ground Patrol vehicles parked as if they were abandoned in the parking lot. I put 2 and 2 together and actually got 4. They were away and own there own in a wide open space, so they must be about to do a give away. My mind started racing and as I expected Kenny Mastery said on the radio that he would be crossing to the ground patrol next. So after a Marathon advert slot, he finally spoke to the Ground Patrol!

I was a bit concerned it was going to be something to do with the Baby Expo been held as the last advert was about that. Anyway the item's that were up for grabs were tickets to the Super 14 match at Coke 'n Cola Park on Saturday- Lion vs Hurricanes!! So I was there like a flash to pick up a free be! Anyway I was first in line and I jumped back in the car and scanned the tickets only to see that they were for The Lions game played last weekend.

So I jumped out and they ground patrol member asked if I was chancing my luck so I laughed and chirped that they were seeing who was awake. Anyway, they saw there mistake and stopped giving tickets out. Fortunately for most the problem was sorted, except for one speedy lady, who had already driven off, we got given the right tickets from the other side of the HUGE stack of tickets they had. For been sharp I was given 3 instead of 2 tickets. So I have something to look forward to this weekend!

I know it is not my team, at , least I get to watch some live rugby this season guaranteed!

4 comments:

Miller said...

It is being in the right place at the right time. Even though it's not your team it is a treat... and probably a better game...

Keith said...

Thanks Mark, it is always a treat to go and watch live rugby! I will not get into a slinging match about which is a better team because the Super 14 has 14 great teams in it!

Hayley said...

Wow...how cool is that???

Miller said...

I suppose you have a point!