Saturday, March 7, 2009

Shavathon 2009

I have been waiting for today (7 March 2009) for a few reasons, the first been that I have worked the last 2 weekends, Saturday and Sunday. So in essence I have worked for 3 weeks solid, except I did have 2 and a half days off due to been sick. And I was rather sick with a fever of 39 degrees Celsius. So I was looking for to the break. With me working like this I have also got to miss the start of the Super 14 and until today I had not seen a live full Super 14 match for 2009. Which I managed to change this morning as I watched the Sharks Versus the Blues and The Sharks did me the honour of winning so it was worth waking up at 6h25. I at least knew I could rest later in the day, which I have done well this afternoon.

Then the reason for this post and the other reason for me looking forward to today was the Cansa Shavathon. This is such a good cause and yet I have never supported it. I have seen 2 family members fight cancer and unfortunately my aunt lost the fight and although I miss my aunt, the good news is my sister in law has been in remission for 5 years and to celebrate this I took part in this year's Shavathon! People and think what they like about the way I look, but I have a genuine reason why I took part and yes my hair can grow back, but at least for now can show my support.

So, to all those who have won the fight of Cancer, well done and I salute you. To those who have lost the fight to cancer, I respect you! and To anyone who may have cancer, hold in there and I pray that things will come right.

To show I did it, here is the before and after pictures:






BEFORE











AFTER

1 comment:

Miller said...

I shaved mine as well. Not as short, but shaved non the least!

Good on you!