Thursday, February 5, 2009

A Dog's Life!!!

A few of my recent posts have revolved around Jody. And guess what, here is another story about my mate Jody.

Living alone, can sometimes be rewarding, however I cannot deny I do have a lonely night from time to time and crave company. The one thing that does help is my friends on the net and TV. My other moment of madness is that I have these deep conversations with Jody- You should see the way she looks at me, I get this stare as if to say " what planet are you from?" Anyway last night I went out with some of my brothers friends and we had a few drinks and a bite to eat. I must say I real do not drink a lot these days- It is not worth it! I enjoy the odd drink, but nothing that would cause a hangover.

I am going off track, again. Anyway back to Jody, so when I got home, it was quite late and I had another early start, so bed was top priority. I feed Jody and gave her her bed and I jumped through a shower. Once finished I grabbed a cold drink from the fridge and switched all the lights out as I walked through the house. I then heard this rasping sound and wondered what was going on. So I stood in the passage and listened, this sound was regular. You here this rasping, silence, rasping, silence and so it continues. At this stage, I listened through the sliding door and established that this noise was from the washroom where my mate Jody was sleeping.

Well I realised last night my dog is deep sleeper. I have heard this sound the other night and could not work out what it was. Anyway once I knew what the sound was last night- I relaxed and carried on heading for bed. I will be honest, I was a bit noisy- I dropped a book and banged a cupboard door, which I am sure the whole of Boksburg and Benoni heard. The one person who did not hear it was Jody, she just carried on snoring away!!

Now I say that Jody did not hear me last night, I can be assured if there was a problem or something strange going on, she would be awake and alert! I have had the honour of been bitten by her previously. She was on her away to grooming and I picked her up and tried to pass her to the kennel assistant and she thought he was trying to grab something from me and she snapped her jaw. Unfortunately my hand was in the way and I had 4 holes in my finger compliments of my mate. So she will protect me if she had to!

So I let sleeping dog's lie and let her enjoy her sleep. Isn't that a dog's life?

No comments: