Monday, February 16, 2009

A Poem

As mentioned in my last post, there is a poem that has got me through a number of difficult situations in my life. And many of you have probably heard it or read it, however I would like to share it with you. I believe religion is a personal choice and everyone has the choice to make, so please do not think I am forcing religion on to anyone, I am just sharing something that has helped me. This poem can be interpreted in different ways and I have used it in many vastly different situations!
Footprints
One night I had a dream. I dreamed I was
walking along the beach with God and
across the sky flashed scenes of my life.
For each scene I noticed two sets of footprints
in the sand, one belonged to me and the
other to God.
When the last scene of my life flashed before
us I looked back at the footprints in the sand.
I noticed that at times along the path of life
there was only one set of footprints.
I also noticed that it happened at the very
lowest and saddest times of my life. This
really bothered me and I questioned God
about it.
"God You said that once I decided to follow
You, You would walk with me all the way,
but I noticed that during the most
troublesome times in my life there was only
one set of footprints. I don't understand
why in times when I needed You most,
You would leave me."
God replied "My precious, precious child
I love you and I would never, never leave
you during your times of trials and suffering.
When you see only one set of footprints it was
then that I carried you."
I hope you have enjoyed this poem as much as I have enjoyed sharing it with you. I unfortunately do not know the author, but all I can say is "Thank You" for the wonderful words that the author shared with us.

1 comment:

Miller said...

It is an amazing poem. Seen it a couple of times before. Thanks for sharing ...