Sunday, February 15, 2009

Footprints

I have just spent 3 days in probably one of the most stunning parts of the South African Coastline- Jeffreys Bay. The reason for me been there was for work, however I had an opportunity after hours to enjoy the splendours of the Jeffreys Bay Beaches. So I wanted to share some of what I saw with you.















This photo is the sight I woke to in the morning from the B&B I stay at, it is stunning and you lie in bed listening to the waves breaking day and night. The B&B is situated so close to the sea that no matter which way the wind blows, you hear the waves. I know this photo is not early morning, in fact it was taken at 18h30 when the sun was setting behind me.

Coming from Boksburg it is hard to believe that at 18h30 the sun was still so high and bright, the coming photo's were in fact taken after this stunning view!


On the right is the Jeffrey's Bay Light house just before sunset, as you will see by the waterline on the right of the picture, I was standing in the water. It was barely ankle deep, however I was loving playing in the water. I am not a water baby, however for some reason I just had a ball for a few minutes as I forgot about my worries as I walked on the beach. I had planned to take a walk on the beach and then head for supper straight away. This did not happen- I ended up having to back to the B&B as I managed to get my pants wet.



This photo probably explains why my pants got wet. I decided that I was going to let the wave go in and out see how quickly I could get my feet wet. This was actually fun and I wish I had a costume with me to get even wetter!













While I was walking on the beach, I thought a lot about my family- and in fact got very, very emotional inside. I often have these moments, but for some reason, Thursday night was different. I just came to terms with what I have been through and for some reason I just felt a presence that both my parents were together and at peace. I am not just saying this, I just had this feeling I cannot explain and what reaffirmed this was that the poem Footprints kept coming to mind! I just realised that things happen for a reason. This poem has just helped me take the next step in my life. It is not the first time I have had help from this poem, and I am sure it will not be the last.
In closing, I will share the photo of my footprints on the beach. I will share the poem Foot Prints in my next post.

1 comment:

Hayley said...

Aaaak Keith, great post! SO glad that you got "that feeling".

Jeffreys Bay is beautiful!