Saturday, September 13, 2008

Gardening

I live in a complex with 31 units in it. My unit is the right at the gate, so as you exit the complex- my unit is in full view. Over the last few days, I have seen everybody top dressing and beautifying there lawns.

This excluded me- until today when my conscience kicked in and I said best I at least trim the edges and mow the lawn. I even considered top dressing, but with me been away for almost 3 weeks, I decided not to as I cannot keep it moist and if we get the rain that we need I am going to have jungle to contend with on my return. Anyway I thought there would not be much to mow until I realised how much dead grass there was. My pavement normally only needs the mowers catch to be emptied twice- not today, it took 4 catch loads of grass!!

I then tackled the inside, well it took forever to get this done- because of all the dead grass. Anyway, I must share with you how I have done 2 thirds of the mowing that I need to do and I realised I had run out of dustbin bags. I contemplated leaving what was left till tomorrow morning, but then thought about the equipment already been out. I decided to jump in the car and go to the local Spar and pick up some bags. I did not bother getting changed, I just rinsed the hands and picked my wallet and the keys up and off I raced. Only as I got out the car did I actually realise how dirty I was- but it was to late to worry. I picked up what I had come for and a cold drink to drink in the car, as I was about to get in the car, I looked into the video shop and decided that a DVD was in order for the night. I had embarrassed myself enough, so off I trotted dirt and all and picked up a DVD.

Once home I finished what was still to be done and realised that if I did not do it today, tomorrow I would have said to myself, that it could wait till next week. At least next week, should not be to bad now!

I just hope we get some rain to settle this dust and let the grass get some water.

No comments: