Sunday, September 7, 2008

Jody- My Best Friend

Well, it has been a long time since (in fact too long since) I last added a post to my blog! Anyway I'm finally able to add some news/ information about my life.

I thought that I would start off by introducing Jody to you. She is a fox terrier born on the 1st February 2004. Jody is many things to me- a friend, a companion and most importantly a part of my family. She has an amazing character and knows how to change my mood when I am down. When getting home from work or from been out for a few hours, I am always meet with a high pitched greeting that probably can be heard 10 kilometres away. Jody has a very important job after that and that is to help me close curtains, we walk from room to room and I get told everything that happened in the complex while I was out.

The photo on top here is Jody sitting on the window sill at the window in my study area. She likes this spot as she can see what is happening in the house as well as having fill view of the complex gate. There are a few things that Jody does not like and they are motor bikes- she goes mad when one is ridden past our unit and this also goes for trucks.


With regards to weather, she seems to love standing in the rain, but should the thunder start, she is worse than a baby and wants to come in side. With regards to standing in the rain, she disappointed me yesterday afternoon and the reason for this is because I gave her a bath. Well she was as good as gold while been bathed, however when she went outside, she found all the sand she could and rolled in it- all my hard work ruined! However we do not bear grudges and she was forgiven in a wink.



Jody sleeps inside, she has a bed in the guest toilet area, but she is quite happy once she is in bed.


The last picture I want to share with you was taken at the end of June last year when we had the snow in Johannesburg. I got up to go to work and was meet by the snow. Jody went outside and could not understand what had invaded her space. Anyway this picture is of our house with Jody looking at me in total confusion with the snow on the grass.


2 comments:

Hayley said...

Cool post, sounds like Jody is as much a part of your family as our two are of ours! I love dogs!

The Running Golfer said...

Dogs rock! Elvis and Phoebe are like our kids and it looks like Jody is the same to you.
Awesome stuff Keith!