Saturday, September 20, 2008

Tears

I have mentioned in previous posts, that I am going on a business trip to Jeffrey's Bay on Monday and Tuesday and then I leave for the UK on the 26th September (6 sleeps). Anyway been away from home for so long, I have had to put Jody into the kennels down the road from home.

Anyway I have tried not to show that anything is different, but dog's instinct got the better of me and I had a dog with very long face this morning as we got in the car. Well the trip was short but interesting, Jody decided that she was going to sit at my feet as I drove. I drove rather slowly to ensure I had control of the pedals and also make sure Jody was alright. Anyway at the kennels she was as clingy as can be. Once in the kennel, I took her lead off her and gave her a hug. As I walked away, it felt as if I had hit a brick wall and the tears opened. I started to cry, realising I was not going to see Jody for over 3 weeks.

Jody is an important part of my life, but I realised today how big a part she plays in my life. I am going to miss her like crazy and I know that on my return I have something to look forward to, and that is seeing my pal again.

1 comment:

The Running Golfer said...

I feel your pain Keith, it always kills me to leave Elvis & Phoebe, even if it`s only a weekend.
At least she`s in safe hands and being looked after well.

Go ahead, enjoy your trip and know that in 3 weeks, the reunion will be awesome!!!