Thursday, November 6, 2008

Christmas Decorations

I arrived home this evening and found our complex news letter stapled to my fence. Anyway it has the usual reminder about people obeying the complex rules and regulations and then it had what is been happening in and around the complex as well as the ever important security reminders.

However the last part was some positive news, they want all the units to put up Christmas lights outside there units. A few of us have done this for the past 2 years, but can you image if all 31 units participate, what our complex will look like- A Christmas wonderland- Yippee!!!!! The main gate will also be decorated.

There is planned switch on at 6pm on the 30th November, which will be followed by a Christmas Party in the pool area with snacks and drinks as well as Father Christmas will be doing a visit to give all the kids a small gift, I must send an e-mail to the the organisers to see if a 33 years old qualifies as a children's.

Now my unit is right by the gate, so I have decided that I am going BIG, my double garage has a nice piece of wall above it, so that will be decorated, I always have something around my front window so I plan to make the most of it. The only thing that will wait till the 16th December is my Christmas tree.

It has been a family tradition that the tree goes up on the 16th December and that's the way it will stay. Even though it is now my house I will not break the tradition. In saying that even with my Christmas lights, I will put them on for the big switch on, but then they will be turned off till the 16th December.

It is rather strange how certain family's have certain traditions, and how the latter generations often stick to those traditions going forward. I actually was not going to put my tree up this year as without my mom it did not seem needed, but when I was in the UK a few weeks back, my brother basically said that the tree has to go up. After thinking about it, I agreed- mom loved the tree every year and this year is going to be no different. The Christmas tree will go up and she can look down on it and be proud!

I have changed a few things around in the house, but the traditions and family values will remain forever and should I have children one day, those values and traditions will continue.

I will do a blog entry once the Christmas lights are completed with some pictures to show you the San Bernadino Christmas wonderland. I will also share with you in a future blog entry my feeling toward Christmas 2008.

Lasty, I see I have been tagged- Thanks Hayley! I will think about which 6 secrets I am going to make public and put them on my blog this weekend. That should be interesting.

4 comments:

Hayley said...

Ooooooh, I love Christmas!!! Especially when everyone puts up lights...how exciting, i think its a great idea.

We also have the tradtional date of putting up the tree, ours is the 1 Dec...cannot wait. I go all out on the tree, it HAS to be perfect.

I agree, I think you should so put up the tree.

The Running Golfer said...

Keith, good on you for putting the tree up. You`re Mom will be with you during Christmas and she will love the tree and the traditions being kept.

All the best my friend, I know Christmas is not the nicest time when you have lost somebody but just know that EVERYDAY is Christmas where she is now.

Your friend
Francois

Keith said...

Thanks Hayley and Francois, you are to special people and I appreciate the kind words. Just n update, I purchased a Father Christmas and Sleigh light set for my wall and a row of lights. So I now need to see how I am going to get this lot up!

Janine / Being Brazen said...

that sounds fabulous. I love to see poepl going overboard at christmas time - lot sof fun!

Definitely put up a tree